1. This competition is being conducted by the Royal Australian Mint (ABN 45 852 104 259) Denison Street Deakin ACT 2600, (“Promoter”).
2. Total value of the prize pool is up to AUD $122,500
3. Trade permit numbers NSW LTPS /18/28303, ACT TP 18/01894, SA T18/1689
4. Electronic drawing system approval number: SA: 1224
5. The Promoter is offering the opportunity for people to enter a “Australia’s Dollar Discovery Competition 2018 Promotion” to go into the running to win various prizes in value (Competition).
6. By entering the Competition, the Entrant agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, the Entrant accepts these Terms and Conditions.
How to Enter
7. Entry to the Competition is open to Australian citizens and permanent residents (Australian Residents) who are aged 14 years and over as at the time of the Competition and who remain Australian Residents for the duration of the promotional period (Entrant(s)).
8. The Promotion commences on 12.01am on 1 November 2018. Entries close on 11.59pm on 8 April 2019. (Promotional Period)
9. Entrants must register their details at www.dollardiscovery.com.au during the Promotional Period to be eligible to win one of the prizes.
10. Entrants will only be validly entered if the Entrants provide their:
- First name.
- Last name.
- Full street address.
- Valid email address.
- Valid contact number.
- The specific eligibility requirements for each prize detailed below.
11. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with internet or network congestion, including injury or damage to an Entrant or any other person’s computer related to participation in this promotion and problems with transmission of entries over the internet. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
Restrictions on Entry
12. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families, including children and wards, and other persons residing in their household, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step sister or first cousin) of the Promoter, its related entities, distributors, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with the Competition are ineligible to enter the Competition.
13. Entrants aged less than 18 years of age must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition and to provide personal information about themselves. All entries of entrants who are aged less than 18 years who enter the Competition without disclosing (or attempting to conceal) their age (as and where required) and/or do not provide the required parental or legal guardian consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid.
14. Persons aged less than 14 years old are ineligible to enter or participate in the Competition. All entries and attempted prize redemptions of persons who are aged less than 14 years old will be deemed invalid.
15. These Terms and Conditions will bind Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for entrants aged less than 18 years).
16. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the Competition and all entries of an entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, and any information submitted by the entrant in entering the Competition, before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or a person nominated by the Promoter) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
18. The Promoter offers the opportunity for Entrants to win the following prizes
- Major Prize: One eligible Entrant from each state & territory (total winners being eight (8)) will win a trip for four (4) people (two (2) Adults and two (2) Children) to Canberra which includes return flights for two (2) adults and two (2) children, two (2) nights accommodation for two (2) adults and two (2) children to stay at Jamala Wildlife Lodge. Visit www.jamalawildlifelodge.com.au for more information (redeemable Saturday – Thursday only and excluding school holiday periods) and a money-cannot-buy VIP tour of the Mint for 4 people where the winner will mint their very own 1 kg silver coin.
- Second prize: 250 eligible Entrants will each receive one (1) x $150 voucher to spend on any Royal Australian Mint product.
- Third prize: 5000 eligible Entrants will each receive an Australia’s Dollar Discovery Money Box.
19. Total cash prize pool valued up to is $122,500 (Prize Value). The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the Prize Value occurring between the publishing date and the date a prize is claimed. The Prize Value is in Australian dollars.
Eligibility for Prizes
20. For an Entrant to be eligible for the Major Prize the Entrant must:
- Register their personal details at www.dollardiscovery.com.au
- Find 3 x unique 2019 dated $1 circulating coins. These coins feature the following:
- a. Standard $1 Australian circulating coin design featuring the 5 kangaroos (appearing on all three designs).
- b. Each individual coin will feature one of the following privy marks ‘A’, or ‘U’, or ‘S’ to distinguish the 3 designs.
- c. Mini text number ’35’ (appearing on all three designs).
- d. The coins will be circulated by the Royal Australian Mint throughout Australia through banking institutions. Coins can be found by checking change or currency received from banks or commercial transactions.
- Entrants must check the box on the www.dollardiscovery.com.au website stating they have found all three coins and verify their email address.
- Entrants that do not find the 3 x unique $1 circulating coins are ineligible to enter the Major Prize Draw.
21. To claim entry into the Second and Third prize pool draws an Entrant must:
- Register their personal details at www.dollardiscovery.com.au only.
22. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that they have met all eligibility requirements, if any.
Conditions of each Prize
23. 8 draws will be conducted with an eligible Entrant from each state and territory being randomly selected on 30 April 2019 (Draw Date) as a winner of the Major Prize.
24. In addition to the Major Prize winner, up to five (5) eligible Entrants from each state will be drawn as runner-ups to the Major Prize (each a Runner-Up). Runner ups will not win any prizes and are being drawn in case the major prize winner turns out to be ineligible in accordance with clause 31.
25. The winners of the Major Prize will be announced and published on 14 May 2019, they will be asked to make themselves available for any promotional activities the Promoter undertakes to close off the competition.
26. Winners of the Major Prize will be able to organise their visit between 14 May 2019 – 30 September 2019 (flights and accommodation can only be redeemed Saturday – Thursdays and excluding school holiday periods and are subject to availability) to claim their prize, in addition winners of the Major Prize will be required to take part in a promotional event.
27. Major Prize drawn winners will be required to provide evidence that they are in possession of the three coins – the following is required:
- a. They will be required to sign an Australian Government Statutory Declaration sited by an authorised witness from the following list https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Statutory-declarations/Pages/List-of-authorised-witnesses.aspx and post it to:
Attention: Australia’s Dollar Discovery Competition,
Royal Australian Mint,
Denison Street, Deakin,
Canberra ACT 2600
- b. The Statutory Declaration must be received by the Royal Australian Mint by close of business 7 May 2019.
- c. When the winners arrive in Canberra at the Royal Australian Mint they will be required to present their 3 x unique $1 circulating coins to a Royal Australian Mint official for verification.
28. Should the winner have signed a Statutory Declaration confirming they have the three coins in their possession but then be unable to produce them when they arrive in Canberra to claim their prize, they will be liable for any and all costs associated with the trip to that point and flights and accommodation will be cancelled effectively immediately.
29. Drawn winners will need to provide their 3 coins to the Promoter for verification purposes before the prize is awarded.
30. Should there be no eligible major prize Entrants in a state and territory by the Draw Date, an additional draw will be conducted on 30 April 2019 from the Australia wide pool of eligible major prize Entrants who have found the three coins for that state or territories prize.
31. Should the Major Prize winner be deemed ineligible due to non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions a new Major Prize winner will be drawn from the relevant pool of Runner-Ups on 7 May 2019.
32. Total value of the Major Prize pool is up to $70,000. All incidental costs, taxes or duties will be payable by the winners.
33. 250 winners will be randomly drawn from the total pool of Entrants (Australia-wide).
34. Second Prize vouchers are subject to their own terms and conditions and can be redeemed by phoning the Royal Australian Mint Call Centre on 1300 652 020 or through mail order.
35. Total value Second Prize pool is up to A$37,500
36. 5000 winners will be randomly drawn from the total pool of Entrants (Australia-wide).
37. Total value Third Prize pool is up to A$15,000.
Draw of Prizes
38. The draw will take place at the Promoters address, the Royal Australian Mint, Denison Street Deakin A.C.T 2600 on the Draw Date and will be officiated by an external scrutineer.
39. Entrants that win the Major Prize will be notified in writing via their email address and contacted by phone. The name of the Prize winners will be published online on the Competition website www.dollardiscovery.com.au on 14 May 2019.
40. Where the Major Prize winner is under the age of 18, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or legal guardian.
41. Prizes will be drawn on the Draw Date with an eligible Entrant for the major prize being drawn for each state and territory. Following the draw of 8 Major Prize winners, second and third prizes will be drawn at random from all eligible Entrants.
42. If a prize remains unclaimed by a winning Entrant or Runner Up by 23 July 2019 than an additional draw will be conducted on the 30 July 2019 out of the pool of eligible Entrants to determine the winner of the prize. The draw will be conducted in the same manner as the original draw. The draw will be conducted in the same manner as the original draw. Winner of the redraw will be published on 13 August 2019.
Entries and Intellectual Property
43. All claims and entries become the property of the Promoter.
44. An entry, any copyright or other intellectual property rights, subsisting of an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter.
Responsibility and Liability of the Promoter
45. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for loss, late, stolen or misdirected entries.
46. Unless expressly stated within these Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise provided by the Promoter all expenses are the responsibility of the Entrants.
47. The Promoter is not liable to any Entrant that does not receive an email or cannot access the webpage or submit their details due to technical difficulties or any other reason.
48. The Promoter is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for any problems or any financial costs incurred, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons related to or resulting from participation in this Competition.
49. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of receiving, taking or using any prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter’s liability in all cases will be limited to the value of the relevant prizes.
50. Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Competition, the website(s), the information on the competition website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for these losses, damages and costs.
Variation and cancelation
51. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation to the prizes. In the event that any prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a different prize of equal or greater value subject to any written directions from the various state authorities.
52. Subject to the relevant state authority approval, if required, the Promoter reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Competition at any time.
53. Subject to the relevant state authority approval, if required, the Promoter reserves the right to vary the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
54. Subject to the relevant state authority approval, if required, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the prizes to cancel the Competition or to vary or cancel the award of a prize including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion):
- a. a winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or
- b. the Promoter cannot conduct the Competition or award the prizes for any reason beyond its control.
55. Subject to relevant state authority approval, if required, if the Promoter cancels the Competition or varies or withdraws a prize it shall not:
- a. be liable to any person for any loss or damage (including loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; and
- b. be required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
56. The Promoter will collect Entrants’ personal information to conduct the Competition. If the information requested is not provided, the Entrant may not participate in the Competition. By participating in the Competition and opting-in in the manner required at the time of registering, the Entrant consents to their email address being used by the Promoter for future marketing and promotional purposes. The promoter is bound by the Privacy Act 1988M (Cth).
57. As a condition of entry into the Competition, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are the winner or not, the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, and image (including photograph/film) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Competition. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are the winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promotional activities in relation to the Competition as requested by the Promoter and its agents and sign any additional documents reasonably required by the Promoter to give effect to this condition.